Today, blogmas day 5, I’m going to give you my favorite cookie recipe 🙂
Thanks to :
- 135g (5oz) unsalted butter
- 80g (3oz) caster sugar
- 80g (3oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 190g (7oz) plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g (3 ½ oz) dried cranberries
- 60g (2oz) white chocolate chips (I find it works best when they are frozen!)
You’ll also need:
- A wire cooling rack
- 2 baking sheets
- Baking parchment
- Hand-held electric whisk or equivalent
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3, and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Using a hand-held electric whisk or a freestanding electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both types of sugar, then break in the egg, add the vanilla essence and mix well together.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda, then add to the creamed mixture in two batches, mixing thoroughly in the mixer or by hand until a dough forms. Lastly stir in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Break off pieces of the dough (about 2 tablespoons in size), roll them into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Allow five or six cookies per tray, making sure to space them apart from each other (by 7-8cm/about 3in) as they will spread during cooking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden on top. Leave on the sheets for about 10 minutes to cool and set before transferring to a wire rack.